How To Make Marijuana Brownies In The Easiest Way
How to Make Marijuana Brownies the Easy Way
Why go to all the trouble of buying the ingredients and baking marijuana brownies from scratch when you can simply buy premade ones from specialty stores and gourmet bakeries? After all, it is easier, cheaper, and more convenient. You can also immediately take a nibble as soon as you unwrap a marijuana brownie !
But homemade marijuana brownies are still the best, and here are the reasons why:
• You can choose the strain that goes into your marijuana brownie based on your needs. You can even use your favorite ones.
• You can easily tweak the ingredients to suit your taste. Do you want your brownies sweeter? Then add more sugar. Do you want to add some texture? Then add more nuts and chocolate bits? There are a lot of ways that you can tweak your marijuana brownie recipe.
• It is actually cheaper than store-bought ones. After all, you already have most of the ingredients at home. As for the marijuana to add to your brownies, you can buy them for a reasonable price from your local dispensary or online weed provider.
• You can have marijuana brownies anytime you want and need. No need to wait in line to pay for them or wait for your favorite marijuana brownies to become available again.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
Making Your Own Cannabutter or Canna Oil
Before making your own marijuana brownies, you first need to make cannabutter or canna oil.
• 1 cup of your favorite cannabis strain buds, ground.
• 1 cup of butter or your favorite oil (coconut oil and olive oil work best).
• 1 cup of water.
• Cheesecloth, coffee filter, or strainer.
• Double boiler.
• Baking tray lined with baking sheet.
• Clean glass jar.
• Preheat your oven to about 245-degree Fahrenheit.
• Place the ground cannabis on your baking tray and spread them evenly.
• Place the tray inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 to 45 minutes to decarboxylate the buds and release/activate the cannabinoids.
• Once done, place the double boiler over low heat. The temperature should be about 160-degree Fahrenheit to avoid burning the cannabinoids.
• Add water and oil or butter into the double boiler and let it simmer gently. The water will prevent the butter or oil from burning. Do not let the mixture come to a full boil though since too high temperature can destroy the cannabinoids.
• Once it’s simmering, add in the ground cannabis buds and let it simmer for about two to three hours. Stir the mixture occasionally to prevent burning.
• Once the mixture is cool, place your strainer or line your funnel with the coffee filter or cheesecloth to filter the plant material.
• Place your funnel on top of your clean jar and pour the cooled cannabutter or canna oil into it.
Making Your Own Marijuana Brownies
Although you can use premade brownie mix, know that this may come out bland and dry. If you want to really enjoy your marijuana brownies, you should make them from scratch.
• 1/2 cup of your canna oil or cannabutter.
• 1/2 cup each of all-purpose flour, white sugar, and brown sugar.
• 1/4 teaspoon each of baking powder and salt.
• 1/2 cup each of chocolate chips and chopped walnuts or cashews.
• 1/3 cup of your favorite cocoa powder, unsweetened.
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
• 2 eggs.
• Double boiler.
• Baking pan lined with baking sheet.
• Preheat your oven to about 350-degree Fahrenheit.
• Over low heat, melt your cannabutter or canna oil in your double boiler.
• Once melted, add the eggs, vanilla extract, and the brown and white sugars. Mix them thoroughly before adding in the rest of the ingredients.
• Pour the mixture into the baking pan lined with the baking sheet.
• Spread the mixture evenly using a spatula.
• Place the baking pan inside the preheated oven and bake for about half an hour.
• You will know your marijuana brownies are done when you poke a toothpick into the center of the brownies and it comes out clean. If there are still a lot of crumbs clinging to the toothpick, bake it for a few more minutes.
You now have your own homemade marijuana brownies. You can even melt some of your favorite chocolate bars and drizzle it over the brownies. Or if you want, you can even sprinkle some shaved chocolates over the brownies.
As for the leftover cannabutter or canna oil, you can use them in some of your other recipes. A teaspoon of your canna oil can make your pasta dish more interesting. You can even substitute normal butter with your cannabutter the next time you make chicken pot pie.
The leftover cannabis pulp also has other uses. A few crumbs can be added into your juice smoothie. You can even use the leftover cannabis pulp as a garnish in your desserts or added into your meat and veggie stew.
Storing Marijuana Brownies
Keep your marijuana brownies in an airtight container and place it in your refrigerator. The cool temperature can help preserve the brownies’ freshness and, at the same time, preserve the cannabinoids’ potency.
Just make sure though that you label the container properly. It is also important that you keep the marijuana brownie container out of your children’s reach.
Important Things to Remember
Dosing can be a bit difficult when it comes to marijuana brownies or other cannabis edibles, for that matter. You can eat a big bite and easily overdose; or you can eat a small nibble and not feel any therapeutic effect at all.
If you ate a small piece, you might be tempted to take another bite and another to feel the effects kick in faster. What you don’t realize is that you’re increasing your risk of overdosing. If you’re a novice to marijuana brownies, you won’t want the side effects it can cause.
The trick to marijuana brownies is to start slow and go slow. This simply means cutting the brownies into smaller pieces, about 1/4 the size of a regular brownie. Take a small bite from it and wait for about a couple of hours before taking another nibble.
The reason why you need to wait is because the brownie will have to pass through your digestive system where it will be processed and metabolized for easier absorption into your bloodstream. The whole process of digestion can take anywhere from half an hour to two hours.
If the effects are too strong for you, then take a smaller bite on your next dosing. If you didn’t feel any effects at all, then take a larger bite.
Dealing with the Side Effects
Novices to cannabis edibles are advised to eat marijuana brownies on a full stomach. This can help prevent some of the adverse side effects associated with too much marijuana brownies.
If you eat on an empty stomach, your digestive system will quickly process the marijuana brownie. Not only will the effects kick in faster, but they can also be pretty intense.
If you do happen to overdose on it, know that the side effects will disappear once its effects wear off. Just stay calm and don’t panic. You can eat some food or drink plenty of water though to relieve some of the side effects.
Marijuana brownies are easy to make. They are also a fun and discreet way of administering medical cannabis.